Installing my Minn Kota

zman

Well I think I have made a decision to buy the Minn-Kota Maxxum 80 52" shaft cable drive

Once I have the motor will it be easy to install I currently have a minn-kota on the boat (Bow)

The plug I currently have is a circle with 3 prongs on it . it is a 55lb minn kota

Just curious what steps I need to know before I get started .

I have not received the motor yet so I don't even know how it comes equiped out of the box

there is a good chance that the holes will match up, so that shouldn't be a problem

and you should just remove the old plug and install it on the new one the same way if they are both the same voltage 12/24 had 3 wires while 24 volt motor should just have 2

I just put a new Minn Kota Maxxum Pro 80 US on my boat, replacing the Minn Kota 74 and the holes all lined up. You may have to check your connection? 12Volt VS 24Volt for your new Minn Kota. The plug should work, but you will probably have to get 24 volts to the motor. Not sure if you are switching from a Power Drive model to a cable drive.

Your motor will be a bit heavy and awkward and would be best if you have some help. All hardware is included with your new Minn Kota. I have the lift assist and it is an ease to deploy and stow.

If you are looking for a place to try that new motor the Detroit River is giving up some good catches of walleyes and you will put the new MK thru a workout.

Have fun and go FISH !!

002_1A.jpg