Rainbow Trout Advice

Hi Everyone,

I have heard from a few friends that they have been catching Rainbows on Manatoulin Island by flatline trolling in south bay. I would love to take my g/f to Manatoulin to experience rainbow fishing. Does anyone have any advice on techniques and tactics as well as where to fish? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

Cheers and good fishin,

Millhouse

The rearing nets are broken apparently more than 250K got loose recently :dunno: ..... my nephew and his bud caught 300+ 15"-17" over the weekend... whatever they threw out they caught one...not sure where on the Island.. but it's somewhere near a fish farm. ;)

Randy

:canadian:

The rearing nets are broken apparently more than 250K got loose recently dunno.gif ..... my nephew and his bud caught 300+ 15"-17" over the weekend... whatever they threw out they caught one...not sure where on the Island.. but it's somewhere near a fish farm. wink.gif

Randy

canadian.gif

Thanks River Rat, I heard the same but did not know where that was. I'm pretty sure it was not South Bay. My uncle has been fishing there the past few weekends and catching several rainbow per trip but all I know is he is flatline trolling. Its a big bay so I was hoping for more specifics on where to concentrate my efforts, types of lures to use, depths to troll etc etc. I have never actually fished rainbows before but would love to try my hand at it and hook my g/f into a few rainbows as well. I've got her hooked on smallmouths already this year, she outfishes me and is asking all the time when we are going next...