A Day with Muskie Mike

mercman

As we had planned, The Mrs. and i met up with Mike at the marina at 8 A.M. Hand shakes, and a quick game plan, and off we went.The perch bite was terrible.With a 30KPH west wind raising a 2-3 foot chop on Old St Francis, we had a really hard time controlling our drift.We hit into a ton of small non keepers, but that was it.

By 11, we decided to pull into his boathouse property for a shore lunch of fresh walleye he had caught the day before.Mrs.Mike(Marysa) was very nice, and She and Barb got along very well.

Mike had told me to bring my Muskie gear with me, and MAYBE, he would take me out for a couple of hours trolling for the fabled Beast.Gonefishing.gif

He really knows his water in Lake St.Francis. And i would have no problems at all, hiring this young man to guide me for a day of Walleye, or Muskie fishing.He shared his incredible knowledge, and shared fishing stories with us the whole time we were out there.He explained why the fish were where they were and what they were eating,and when they were active.

All in all, a fantastice time had by me and the Mrs. With an open date in the near future to take us out for some of those 8-12 lb walleye he has shown you in recent posts.

OH YA............he got me my first Muskie tooclapping.gifclapping.gif .Nice 42 incher.It was the most amazing experience of my life. The line began screaming out, he reached down, released the rod from the holder, shoved it in my hand and said "There you go, your first Muskie" I almost pee'dmellow.gif but with his expert coaching, we got it in, Took a quick pic, and set her loose.

Mike will post the pic a bit later. Barb was so happy for me, she was in tears.I feel like i have enetered a whole different level of anglers now.One of the few who has held the beast in his hands, and been awed by the power and beauty of this majestic animal.

Thanks a Million for the wonderful day Mike. There is no doubt in my mind, that you could become a well known guide in your area. You really have what it takes.clapping.gifworthy.gif