went for lakers, got mostly bass.

limeyangler

Hi all,

went out for some lake trout but the wind really picked up on route to the lake and my prefered method of anchoring up and straight jigging was not impossible but difficult and i was getting a little wet too....lol. On top of that i discovered that i have mysteriously lost 30 feet of anchor rope???? The rope was long enough to anchor in 90' FOW last summer, i used the rope to secure a tarp as a boat cover for the winter and now its 30 feet shorter??? weird. Anyway this restricted me to around 55 FOW with not much to drift and get a good set on the bottom. I did manage a few small ones...but the bigger ones i guess were on the 65-70 FOW shelf nearby.

After about an hour or so of fighting my anchor and bilge pumping i decided to cast for bass....lost a really nice one that snapped through 10lb braid on a run.

Going to the same lake this afternoon with a buddy to try for anything willing to bite (except mosquitos)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vmpuSbsMFoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg