Motor Guide Brute 56 12/24V

baironhorse

Not to sound like a broken record…I’m a little confused and want to wire this up properly.- sorry If the below sounds silly...from my previous posts I took suggestions from all of you kind folks that took the time to help me out....As I want to upgrade my 36lb 12V to a 56lb 12/24V, I want to connect all up in order....Ok I have the wiring diagram for a 24v series system which I confirmed in previous post is correct…Now I want to confirm the wiring in my 56lb 12/24v system. I have three wires coming out of the unit Black, White and Red. I hooked up the black to –NEG and these are my results (Only ONE 12VBATTERY WAS USED to test- Have to buy another one):

With switch in 12 V mode:

• Black to NEG

• White to POS- motor works

• Red to POS- motor does not work

With switch in 24 V mode:

• Black to Neg

• White to POS- motor does not work

• Red to POS- motor works

Can I assume that white wire is for 12V and red wire is for 24V and obviously Black is Negative?

Anyone else with this type of TM? I have a attached a pic for reference. Two guys and loaded gear with a choppy water my 36lb struggles a little to pull 16’. I figure the 56lb should do the trick. Your thoughts!

Thanks

15337mb_20 TMG.JPG

Edited by Ironhorse

Assuming you have you two 12 volt batteries connected in series, with black, red and white wires coming from the trolling motor, the black goes to battery #1 negative. The red goes to battery #2 positive and the white is your 24 volt leg which goes to battery #1 positive.

Ok from what you are telling me this is what I came up with...I made a drawing let me know if you think its correct so i can hook up this motor...Hopefully I have it now....thanks

Assuming you have you two 12 volt batteries connected in series, with black, red and white wires coming from the trolling motor, the black goes to battery #1 negative. The red goes to battery #2 positive and the white is your 24 volt leg which goes to battery #1 positive.

MG 24v 56lb wiring diagram.jpg

Edited by Ironhorse

On the above test only ONE 12V BATTERY WAS USED to test- Have to buy another one and Yes i just want 24v system...cause I was startin to worry I would need another wire to be run thru my boat as I currently have two (POS & Neg) for a 12V set up....AS I want to move up to 24v, If I can use the existing wires (4guage marine) and as I have a two feet of wire left over so I can make the jumper cable then all I really need is a second battery..Am I correct?

it is set up for a 12/ 24 v system

if you don't need 12 volts, don't hook the white one up to the battery

Edited by Ironhorse