Caledon Fishing?

rhymobot

Does anyone know of good places to fish in Caledon?

I've done the Ken Whillians place numerous times. Not too bad for pike and largies.

Albion Hills is pretty much useless from what I understand.

And I suppose the Credit could be nice.

But what about any hidden gems that people are willing to share?

Caledon Lake is private with a sign that says "NO TRESSPASSING WARNING TRAPS INSTALLED", which is actually located next to Peel School Board learning centre property. I read somewhere it had nice bass in there and I walked 10 minutes from where I parked to get there only to find that sign. And I could see tonnes of small largies cruising the shore and creek mouth of this shallow lake.

I guess many lakes in Caledon are private because of all those rich folks up there.

Best way to figure out the Credit is on foot. Especially this time of year when you can stay cool by wading in an old pair of running shoes and your shorts.

Orangeville's Island lake can be good....better with a boat IMO...which you can rent while you're there

Does anyone know of good places to fish in Caledon?

I've done the Ken Whillians place numerous times. Not too bad for pike and largies.

Albion Hills is pretty much useless from what I understand.

And I suppose the Credit could be nice.

But what about any hidden gems that people are willing to share?

Caledon Lake is private with a sign that says "NO TRESSPASSING WARNING TRAPS INSTALLED", which is actually located next to Peel School Board learning centre property. I read somewhere it had nice bass in there and I walked 10 minutes from where I parked to get there only to find that sign. And I could see tonnes of small largies cruising the shore and creek mouth of this shallow lake.

I guess many lakes in Caledon are private because of all those rich folks up there.

The best spot in Caledon to fish is . Whoops, I forgot to add the location, silly me. It must be the rich folk comment that rubbed me the wrong way. Well I will give you a hint, there is a creek that flows under Kennedy Rd just north of Mayfield Rd. I have heard stories of nice specs in there, right around where it crosses under Kennedy. I haven't been there in awhile so I'm not sure how it looks now. You should check it out and report back.

Best way to figure out the Credit is on foot. Especially this time of year when you can stay cool by wading in an old pair of running shoes and your shorts.

Orangeville's Island lake can be good....better with a boat IMO...which you can rent while you're there

I completely agree, the best way to figure out the Credit is on foot. I did just that last weekend for 6 hours on Saturday and caught a ;) couple ;) nice rainbows.

Caledon Lake is a private lake and you will be kicked out if the residents see an unfamiliar boat.

Jon

Keywords there are "if the residents see". If you want to be stealthy wear earth tones and don't leave garbage behind!