Extended Vehicle Warranties

Fisherman

Back in June '04 I starting looking for a new truck, ended up buying a 2004.5 2500, put a down payment and then finalized the sale on the 14 of July 2004. At that time I added the 7/115km extended warranty. I didn't receive the truck until the 19th of July, waiting for PDI, undercoat and fabric protector. The change of ownership was done on the 19th of July by the dealer. The average person would understand that the 7/115km warranty would end on the 14th of July 2011, right?

Go to the dealer today, 2 days before warranty is up and have them look at the right side ball joints, they're pooched. Then the service manager says, your warranty expired on 30 Jun 2011. Whoa just a minute, showed him my original bill of sale, etc. He said the warranty expires when the vehicle "comes into service" or delivered at the dealer. Okay, I retorted, that means if you have a brand new vehicle sitting on your lot for 6 months for example, when a customer buys that the warranty is shorted by six months. I asked him if he would buy that, he sheepishly said no. Better call Chrysler and iron that out unless you want to make the news.

So nuff said, check your paperwork when you buy.

The warranty will start the day the dealership reports the car as being sold to dodge or chrysler . By the sounds of it, even tho you didn't pick up your truck till the 14th of july they reported it sold on the 30th and thats why the warrenty started then. Have a look at your final bill of sale, I bet its dated for the 30th because the dealership wanted to make the numbers look good for end of month. Kinda sneaky on their part but happens all the time.

The warranty will start the day the dealership reports the car as being sold to dodge or chrysler . By the sounds of it, even tho you didn't pick up your truck till the 14th of july they reported it sold on the 30th and thats why the warrenty started then. Have a look at your final bill of sale, I bet its dated for the 30th because the dealership wanted to make the numbers look good for end of month. Kinda sneaky on their part but happens all the time.

No I'm a wary packrat when it comes to warranties and sales bills. I've got both the big yellow copy of the bill of sale dated 14 July 04 and the same for the warranty contract. Then I also found the MTO change of registration which was done by the dealer on the 19 of July, I think they were trying to apply a screwdriver to me, they called me back and will now hour the 14 of July date.

Good for standing your ground.. warrantee calender starts the day you bought the vehicle or day it goes into service (if delivered after purchase) UNLESS you bought a demo or salesmans vehicle, then it starts the day they put it into service originally... not the day they sold it to you.

This beast was brand new, no demo or salesman special. The funny thing happened when I ordered it, they had a hell of a time finding one with a floor mounted 4x4 and 6 speed and either silver or beige. They had to take mine off the rail car in Chicago and send it up here. Then they lost it in a parking storage lot for about 3 weeks. It was supposed to go to somewhere in Alberta.