Northern Lights Resort

Stoty

Hey all,

I Just got married on Saturday and the new wife and I found a fishing/spa resort online that were very interested in heading to as early as tomorrow.

Has anyone been to the "Northern Lights Resort" just south of North Bay? Is the place nice?

Also, how was the fishing? The website indicates that the fishing is great but I wanted to see I anyone has first hand experience?

Any help is much appreciated!

I have never stayed there but it looks nice from the water.Little long lake has only a few good spots,one of which right across from the camp up and around the point.Another is at the east end of the lake on a shoal in front of the large white trailer.If you have your own boat you can access the Pickerel river by going thru a shallow area (bass) and out by Tornado's,then you have 30k of river to fish. I would recommend that you dine on the water at Old Mirror Lodge,foods good,view is great and it is only 10 min by boat(no road access) from Northern Lights.

If you want we can hook up and I will show you ALL the good spots,I am just down the river near Port loring. I am away today and not back till 7 or so tonite,if you want the 50cent tour pick a time and date and post it and I will be there.Being retired is great.

vance

Edited by vance

I've been there a few times, but that was years ago. The cottages were on a hillside with a very nice view of the water. Wasn't a spa back then, just a cottage resort. The fishn for walleye was pretty good. You can catch em off the dock in the evening. If your out on the water look for beaver lodges and fish em. You will catch all kinds of fish.

Good luck

Kuha