Shore fishing

splashhopper

With the muggy weather around here, I was just plain lazy to go all the way over to my storage shed ( 5 blocks away) and drag my canoe out to the local reservoir...

What a bummer.... I missed the first day of POND SCUM :wallbash: My FAVOURITE time on this particular water is when it gets all matted up like this .

PondScum2.jpg

Topwater frogs are my go to lure out there and sometimes a Texas rigged Senko if I have the patience for it.

I had a lot of blow ups yesterday and a caught a couple of small LM bass.

This one was only about 2-3 lbs but he blew that frog a foot out of the water from below and therefore EARNED A PIC ON OFC :good:

He fought like a trooper for the first few yards,,,,and then it must have opened it's jaw WIIIIDE OPEN because he weighed about 10lbs by the time I got him to shore with all the weeds and scum on him. :(

topwaterbass1.jpg

Oh well, I know where they are and I can drag the Sportspal out next weekend.

Darn right, there's NOTHING as cool as a topwater strike! :thumbsup_anim:

I agree! I ignored topwater lures as a kid/teen, but now that I'm older and fishing again, three of my six most-recent keepers (including my first-ever smallmouth, see avatar) were caught on either of my two Hula-Poppers. It's become my favorite lure, though I've only had luck with it in the Montreal River (tried at Sharp Lake tonight, had one strike but didn't hook it - first time trying night-time fishing, too).

I got a frog yesterday, gonna give that some tries soon. :)

Edited by Dana

(including my first-ever smallmouth, see avatar)

Don't know if it's the lighting in the photo, but that fish looks as if it was raised in toxic waste, painted khaki, hung to dry for a month, rolled in dust, and then run over by a truck. Hope you didn't try eating it! :w00t:

Don't know if it's the lighting in the photo, but that fish looks as if it was raised in toxic waste, painted khaki, hung to dry for a month, rolled in dust, and then run over by a truck. Hope you didn't try eating it! :w00t:

it's sand. :P it tasted great.