Greetings ... Rice Lake / Ganaraska River

ThatGuy

Greetins everyone ... new to the forums (well back after a few years of minimal fishing and I cant recall the initial user name) ...

I have the option of fishing either Rice Lake or the Ganaraska (Port Hope) on Sunday ... Any recommendations? The Ganaraska would be from shore, saw a few smallies pulled in tonight but the action was slowwwwwww. I found a place that will rent a boat on Rice for me (about $20 per hour if that sounds fair).

The questions I have are ...

1. $20/hour a fair cost for a boat rental.

2. The boat rental will give me some sort of 1 day boaters card ... is this legit?

3. Of the two options which would be better for a morning of fishing? I can get some worms/minnows from around the corner where I'm at.

Thank you for any information provided and I look forward to posting a report.

Welcome aboard.

I imagine the price is about right.

It's legit. You don't need a boater's card when renting a boat. Only people who have driven boats all their lives need the boating education.

Welcome aboard.

It's legit. You don't need a boater's card when renting a boat. Only people who have driven boats all their lives need the boating education.

Given the number of complaints about various types of boaters on here in the last few weeks/months/years we need more, not less, boater edumencation. :thumbsup_anim:

Without a doubt hitting Rice Lake in a boat is way better.

Even if the bite for bass or walleye is slow there is always tons of sunfish or perch to keep you busy fishing. The possibility for a musky even exists on Rice.

Welcome aboard.

that is insane... its like renting a car without a drivers licence... :wallbash:

STUPID RULES!!!