nikon d5000,3100 or T1i

bow slayer

I'm an Olympus user myself, have used friends/dad's Nikon/canon but not enough to tell which one I like more.

I suggest that you borrow one from a friend or rent one (i believe henrys offers that option) to get a feel of how they are in your hands/your application. IMO it all comes down to personal preferences and it far outweighs the minor differences in spec/functions for a person that's just getting into it. (myself included and I feel the same way still)

Pick each one up and see how you like the ergonomics..

that is the key when i bought my first dslr i read everything and my mind set on a canon when into blacks they shoed me the canon and the nikon together i walked out with the nikon simply because it felt better in my hands

well I went with the d5000 nikon,picked it up with 18-55 lens ,55-200 lens,uv filter,second battery, and nikon bag for 700. It was bought in december and had only 300 pictures taken with it. the thing is practically brand new.

Then today I get an offer for a T2i for 600. Oh well I really like this nikon. Anyone looking for a T2i for 600 bucks,I could forward you the contact info.