electric jack hammer

lew

Hey Dave,I know first hand,Diane has a new to her,big jug of rye. That will do. :rofl2:

And besides that monster bottle of hooch Brian, there's also 2 cases of beer sitting here, and I don't drink.

Maybe the makins of an OFC g2g ?? :lol:

Lew, don't go messing around trying to break up those rocks, it's too much work, you can't go thru gardens to truck them out and besides, you are retired, not in jail, making a pile of big rocks into little rocks. Go the topsoil route and build a little rock garden there.

Yeah, I understand that Lew. Not knowing the lay of your property, it just sounded good to me at the time. If you hit those things on the right lines with an electric hammer, they just might split. If you can even get a groove in them, a steel wedge and sledge would likely get them to break.

As a concrete restoration guy heres what I would do.

Take a 14 inch Stihl quick cut with a diamond blade, cut the rocks on minimum of 2 inch centers on a grid even more if you want, or you can drill a series of 1/2 inch holes through them to weaken them and get a Brute electric jackhammer from a rental place and start chipping.

I would try the sawcutting over drilling.

You can try without saw cutting or drilling but I dont think you will have very much success.

If those rocks are granite they will be tough to split up but it can be done with some hardwork and sweat.

All the equipment can be rented at your local rental store ike Stephensons, Battlefield, United Rentals etc etc

Thanks for another suggestion Firecat, I've used those Quick-cuts before and their definetely a great tool and may work well for me.

I'm gonna be cutting wood today but it's something I'll think about for sure.