More Lakair 2011 Shots

Rich Clemens

Ahhh ... so good to be back North again, it's been too long.

P1000889.JPG

We had a good ride up this year. Wake up at 3:00am and on the road by 4:00am. 11 hours later we pull into Lakair. Great trip, a long trip, but too much anticipation of what lies ahead to get tired. This year was special as our son-in-law Travis was able to make the trip. He remembers going to Canada many years ago, back when he was in elementary school. He always wanted to come back after seeing the pics we took on our trips up to the Canadian Shield. So, this year, it all worked out for him. I think he had a really great time and we were finally able to put him onto some fish.

Couple shots around and about. Sure was good to catch up with our friends and also had the opportunity to meet some new ones. I think that's what makes this OFC GTG so special. (Didn't even have too much trouble getting my boat in the water this year :whistling: )

Preparing for the blast-off.

P1000772.JPG

Such a motley crew eh ?

P1000774.JPG

Dianne and Marvin watching all the activity.

P1000788.JPG

Anyone say ... FISH FRY (BEFORE)

P1000777.JPG

P1000836.JPG

Ahhh .. Fresh Fish with the special breading.

P1000832.JPG

lots of great prizes this year - as always

P1000789.JPG

P1000790.JPG

Sydney's first GTG and, from what I hear, her pike showed up most of the rest of us so-called 'fisherman'. Sydney drew the name for one of Spiel's custom made rod. Congrats to the winner - she was a work of art.

P1000807.JPG

Travis' first Canadian Pike - a two-hander no less :clapping:

P1000854.JPG

Just a few random pike pics. I guess this is what you catch when you're musky fishing.

P1000876.JPG

P1000875.JPG

P1000864.JPG

All in all we had a great time. Just like my very first OFC, the guys and gals really made Travis feel as part of the group and he had a great time. Hope to see EVERYONE there again next year and maybe some new faces as well.