93 Johnson 100 gt v4

strik

Hey everyone

I have a 1993 johnson 100 when i satarted it this moring after running about 30 seconds it started to beep i turned it off waited re started again it happened.. I waited a couple min restarted it ran fine the only thing different i did was switch batterys from all batterys to number 2 batters on my selector switch..

It ran great got to where i wanted to fish started the kicked fished. Then restarted the main no issues

I know i should have counted the beeps but i never did .. Anyone have this engin? have a manual? know what the beeping was ? any info would be great.

Thanks for your help

Strik

what kind of beep, constant tone or morse like beep beep beep every couple seconds? constnat tone is overheat or fuel high rpm fuel restriction, beeping is low oil level or vro issues usually, if it went away could be a short in the harness

Did you notice if it was "peeing"? (as it's called) That would lend more support to ec's suggestion about overheating. You did say you ran it when you changed batteries so this should (hopefully) be a moot point and more of an indication of wiring problems.

Michael

Edited by cheaptackle

what kind of beep, constant tone or morse like beep beep beep every couple seconds? constnat tone is overheat or fuel high rpm fuel restriction, beeping is low oil level or vro issues usually, if it went away could be a short in the harness

it was a couple of beeps but i never counted . The VRO has been disconected heard of to many issues. The high rpm makes snice cause i when it started it reved up more then usuall but that was just the first start..This is only my secon season with the engin but i have never had a issue with it so far runs great and it even ran great once the beeping went away. I should have counted the beeps i know my older boat ( 2003 mer 30 4 st) had a manual and it told you what the beeps ment

It was "peeing fine" so i do not think that a issue

thanks

Strik

it was a couple of beeps but i never counted . The VRO has been disconected heard of to many issues. The high rpm makes snice cause i when it started it reved up more then usuall but that was just the first start..This is only my secon season with the engin but i have never had a issue with it so far runs great and it even ran great once the beeping went away. I should have counted the beeps i know my older boat ( 2003 mer 30 4 st) had a manual and it told you what the beeps ment

It was "peeing fine" so i do not think that a issue

thanks

Strik

You should install a water pressure gauge.it likely got alittle warm when under load such as getting on plane,the impellor may be worn.over heat is a constant buzz but may have just been boaderline hot briefly.take Ec's advice and check the harness and horn but replace your impellor if its a few yrs old first off.