Whats your favourite kind of braid?

BFSC Kevin

I'm curious to know if PP or other highly visible braids cause problems when fishing gin clear water...... I've got 8lb stren on my ultra light and have to say that it treats me well!

I'm on jin clear water and 99% of the time use PP or Spider wire with a long floro leader for every species, can't be beat.

I am with Dan on this one I have never used braid and I doubt I will.

If you haven't used super lines your missing out, they are far more sensitive, better hook-sets, won't break like mono, and you think it's expensive but it lasts a few years at least, and you only have to put around 100yards over some mono.

anyone else ever try the Super Braid by Stren? I personally think its better then Power pro, stays rounder, casts jsut at far and maintains its coating much longer the PP. Ive been using power pro for approximately four full seasons and have found that PP loses its shape and coating after a couple weeks use, but last iyear i decided to try a couple new types of line, Fireline being one of them, which i personally didnt like at all, and also the STREN and im sticking to it, i feel extremely confident with the product.

http://tackledirect.com/stren-super-braid-fishing-line.html

Edited by woodro

Different lines for different situations I S'pose.

I use PP for pretty much all aplications except for 4 scenarios...

#1- When useing Light action Spinning gear for Spring time, specs, Lakers, and steelhead.

#2- fall Trout fishing....

#3- Open water down rigging for Salmon/steelhead and lakers....

#4- On the Fly rod in search of Browns...

So basicaly I use it for everything except Salmonoids. :rolleyes:

When after them little beuties....I use P-line.(rave reviews on both products personally)

Might try P-line Halo this year....we'll see

But I have to point out the no stretch factor of PP makes it Ideal for hook sets...especialy when trolling.

I Did try Fire line once....

I must have got a bad spool or something because it got reeeeeely frayed in a short period of time?

I liked its non-stretch factor, and strength was good, but I found the Diameter was noticably thicker then PP?

Edited by Cookslav