Pike Fishing Sparrow Lake

I have a cottage on sparrow lake... and I posted a pike repot from Sparrow Lake a few weeks back...

heres the link

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53910&st=0&p=586423&fromsearch=1entry586423

Fish the shallow weedy areas... anywhere from 2-12 ft deep. Stay inside the bays where it is calmer. The boat traffic right on the severn river that goes directly through the lake is insane.... all the time. Fish end up going into the bays on the side of the lake because of how many boats go back and forth.

Use crankbaits for the noise in deeper waters... But when you get towards the bays in the smaller, shallow areas, use spinners (that dont drop deep) and the plastics that I use in the pictures of the pike I caught.

There is once section of the lake called Shallow Bay (right beside Lauderdale Point Marina).... Thats where my cottage is.

If you have a map of that lake, then head over to duck bay, stay in the 5'-15' range and use long stick baits like Rapala's. Also the bay off of the mouth of deep bay is AWESOME for big pike. There is drop off from about 8' down to 20'. But this area is near the of boat traffic and some time boat control is a pain.

I have fished Sparrow for 30 years now(I'm 33), I love that lake and I always do well when fishing there. My aunt had a cottage in Macleans bay for years, but sold it years ago. We now stay in the trailer park Silver pines.

If you have a map of that lake, then head over to duck bay, stay in the 5'-15' range and use long stick baits like Rapala's. Also the bay off of the mouth of deep bay is AWESOME for big pike. There is drop off from about 8' down to 20'. But this area is near the of boat traffic and some time boat control is a pain.

I have fished Sparrow for 30 years now(I'm 33), I love that lake and I always do well when fishing there. My aunt had a cottage in Macleans bay for years, but sold it years ago. We now stay in the trailer park Silver pines.

Yea I go for breakfast and dinner at Silver Pines a lot. We got swimming in Deep Bay all the time but I didnt know the fishing was good there too, thanks for the tip :)

Myself and Peter fished it a few weeks back and he did very well using Storm (Kicking Stick)

Size 8" best colors was chrome with blue top and shad colors.

We fished in 4ft of water and found lots of hungry fish.

Every bay we hit Peter landed 2 to 3 Pike.

Myself i got skunked that weekend.

Hope that helps

Myself and Peter fished it a few weeks back and he did very well using Storm (Kicking Stick)

Size 8" best colors was chrome with blue top and shad colors.

We fished in 4ft of water and found lots of hungry fish.

Every bay we hit Peter landed 2 to 3 Pike.

Myself i got skunked that weekend.

Hope that helps

we will do better this weekend jose!!!!