Giving up

limeyangler

I've been free smoke free for 11 years this September :)

The trick for me was cold Turkey, and Anger LOL!!!

I know that sounds horrible, but Anger can be a great tool when pointed in the right Direction.

I was simply MAD at the addiction...

Every time I tried to quit and I gave in...I got mad.

Mad at myself, and mad at the dam cigarettes.

The spin that finally worked was when I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself.

" I guess you are not stong enough to beat this..."

And it was at this moment I became pretty much ENRAGED that I couldn't beat it...

I do things my way, and NOBODY tells me what to do so why was I letting a cigarette do that?

I dropped my pack in the garbage, and never looked back.

Everytime I felt the urge...I got mad, and I don't get mad I get even!!! :devil:

I got even by beating it, and by saving my hard earned cash.

I have said it before to many, and I'll say it again...if you truely want to quit you will.

I found cold turkey the best because it wasn't comfortable.

I had to work at it, and feel the pain so to speak....the suffering inspired me and pushed me along.

And earning it made it SOOOO mush easier to stay away.

After 3 months of Physicall sickenss, 6 months of frayed nerves, 12 months of cravings, and 2 years of working off the added pounds...there was NO WAY I was going to do that all over again LOL!!!

Just think about it like a Back lake adventure....you know your going to have to hump it up hill, through bogs, around rocks, and through thick bush with all 60lbs of gear, and your canoe. You muscles are gonna burn, your gonna be scraped, sweaty, dirty, and eaten alive by the bugs....but when you get there you know the payback its gonna be a gorgeous photo of you and your new PB Brookie.

Good Luck & Hang in there Simon, its a tough go...but a tough guy like you should be able to make it. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Cookslav

And i got yer frontthumbsup_anim.gif

LOL...only you would be so bold Paul!

keep up the effort Simon .... you can do it !!!!! clapping.gifclapping.gif

Thanks JD....its going good.

I've been free smoke free for 11 years this September smile.gif

The trick for me was cold Turkey, and Anger LOL!!!

I know that sounds horrible, but Anger can be a great tool when pointed in the right Direction.

I was simply MAD at the addiction...

Every time I tried to quit and I gave in...I got mad.

Mad at myself, and mad at the dam cigarettes.

The spin that finally worked was when I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself.

" I guess you are not stong enough to beat this..."

And it was at this moment I became pretty much ENRAGED that I couldn't beat it...

I do things my way, and NOBODY tells me what to do so why was I letting a cigarette do that?

I dropped my pack in the garbage, and never looked back.

Everytime I felt the urge...I got mad, and I don't get mad I get even!!! devil.gif

I got even by beating it, and by saving my hard earned cash.

I have said it before to many, and I'll say it again...if you truely want to quit you will.

I found cold turkey the best because it wasn't comfortable.

I had to work at it, and feel the pain so to speak....the suffering inspired me and pushed me along.

And earning it made it SOOOO mush easier to stay away.

After 3 months of Physicall sickenss, 6 months of frayed nerves, 12 months of cravings, and 2 years of working off the added pounds...there was NO WAY I was going to do that all over again LOL!!!

Just think about it like a Back lake adventure....you know your going to have to hump it up hill, through bogs, around rocks, and through thick bush with all 60lbs of gear, and your canoe. You muscles are gonna burn, your gonna be scraped, sweaty, dirty, and eaten alive by the bugs....but when you get there you know the payback its gonna be a gorgeous photo of you and your new PB Brookie.

Good Luck & Hang in there Simon, its a tough go...but a tough guy like you should be able to make it. thumbsup_anim.gif

CONGRATS ON 11 YEARS worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifthumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

Lol...i've done the Brookie thing 4 times now and never caught one....i've all but given up!

I'll hit cold turkey in about 9 weeks, i'm just giving myself that time on the patches to get used to not smoking, i'll be fine.

I went cold turkey on Saturday, in the excitement of going fishing i forgot to put my patch on in the morning...i felt like crap all day but did not realise it till 5:30pm. So the patch is not a placebo effect!