MinnKota Powerdrive Installation Guide

bigbuck

Just wondering if anyone has the installation guide/owner's manual in PDF format for an older MinnKota 24Volt Powerdrive. I'd like to mount mine on the boat soon before musky season opens on GBay. Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if anyone has the installation guide/owner's manual in PDF format for an older MinnKota 24Volt Powerdrive. I'd like to mount mine on the boat soon before musky season opens on GBay. Thanks in advance.

There really isn't much to this. You might want to purchase a bracket though. The MinnKota bracket will allow you to remove the motor when traveling or in the off season. The way most folks mount them is with the shaft running down the port side when the motor is in the stow position. This leaves your bow open when stowed. Just make sure you allow enough clearance to deploy the motor. Depending on your bow design you ideally want to use bolts with lock nuts and washers for mounting. I like to use SS. The other thing is that the motor base needs to be fairly parallel to the water, so if your boat sits bow high you may want to put some spacers under the rear side. Typically the motor comes with rubber mounting washers to minimize vibration. Not a bad idea given excess vibration may damage electronics. One last thought, I add a Ram mount that holds the shaft stable when towing; not necessary just additional protection. I imagine all this is detailed on MinnKota's website.