Lake Ontario Fishing

Dondorfish

I have not fished Lake Ontario for trout / salmon in close to 20 years so any info would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to get out on the Niagara side while I wait for the walleye season to open up up north.

Can anyone tell me which is better this time of year - lures or spoons , and downrigging or planer boards?

Thanks for any info you can share

Don :Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

Some of the best fishing of the whole year is just gearing up right now,from hamilton all the way to the niagara river the salmon and trout stack up down there in the early spring because of water temps and baitfishthe best spot being port dalhouise,i have been on other boards and they are on fish right now,and will get steadily better right into may when they start spreading out,last year we were averaging 10 salmon per day,our first trip was april 7th,and there is never anymore that 30 boats spreadout over a 4-5mile area and the fishing is awsome,and its only in 20-50ft of water so its really close and they are hungry, send me a pm....and i will give you more info....cheers