Boat rental for fishing

Canitalian

Mohawk Marine Mike Walker in Lowbanks Lake Erie will help you out. He's located east of Dunville.

That's if you want to fish Erie for Perch, Walleye, Bass, or a odd Muskie.Oh yes the #1 GAME FISH (DRUM) :D

2472 North Shore Drive

800 531 3772, 905 774 1229

My link

www.mohawkmarina.ca

Edited by Fish Farmer

Newbie wrote: Make sure you have your boating license, you are required to have one now even if you are renting

This is incorrect, you only need a Boat Operator's Card if you OWN a boat, it is NOT needed for renting. To rent a boat you go through a 15 point checklist, sign it and have a copy with. You are then just as legal as someone with a BOC.

The card companies don't want you to know this, they want your $50-.

Check out: http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/education/pdf/rental.pdf

Edited by Rice Laker

Newbie wrote: Make sure you have your boating license, you are required to have one now even if you are renting

This is incorrect, you only need a Boat Operator's Card if you OWN a boat, it is NOT needed for renting. To rent a boat you go through a 15 point checklist, sign it and have a copy with. You are then just as legal as someone with a BOC.

The card companies don't want you to know this, they want your $50-.

Check out: http://www.boaterexa.../pdf/rental.pdf

Keep in mind that some rental facilities will require a license. The 15 point checklist puts the responsibility on the business renting you the boat, making them liable for your actions. I'd figure that businesses renting boats on larger bodies of water with higher HP boats will want a license.

IMO There are a lot of idiots on the water and I don't think a 15 point checklist will sufficiently educate people.

I don't own a boat but would like to be able to go to Simcoe and go fishing on some weekends. Have my boat operator's licscence. I know of a place in Cook's Bay but what about southern Simcoe, say around Keswick area or along the coast on the southern Simcoe? Any ideas? The boat I rented in Cook's Bay had a 15hp Yamaha motor that must have been governed. Took me 1/2 hour to just get out the the weed beds, usually about 3 minute ride in the buds 50HP.

Bill

Keep in mind that some rental facilities will require a license. The 15 point checklist puts the responsibility on the business renting you the boat, making them liable for your actions. I'd figure that businesses renting boats on larger bodies of water with higher HP boats will want a license.

IMO There are a lot of idiots on the water and I don't think a 15 point checklist will sufficiently educate people.

I have rented boats to guys who took the test on line 5 years ago and have never once actually been in a boat. Couldn't even steer a tiller boat (thought the boat knew how to steer itself) but they had a licence....

Personally I would much rather be with someone who went through the checklist that morning, been told about any local hazards and had a good instruction in the safe operation of that boat and motor.