Tea Lake Algonquin

addy79

Anyone ever car camp here? Looking for feedback, hows the lake and facilities?

thanks

alternatively, would any of you know of a private campground within 3 hours of Toronto that doesnt stack campsites and trailers side by side like a parking lot?

Looking for at least a little privacy, peace, and quiet...

I used to go to Trailside Park in Seguin, they really spread out the sights and give you the same feel as most provincial parks, but would like a change of scenery

Edited by addy79

Tea lake is nice. How secluded do you want? The campsites are pretty spacious I was able to easily park my 16foot lund and jeep with lots of room to spare. There is a small beach and a decent swimming area i nthe little bay. The bathrooms and showers are pretty typical for a provincial park. The paddle down the river to smoke is very nice.

Do you want to drive up or paddle in to the site or drive in? If you just want some privacy and are going to paddle in then I would suggest staying on the lower arm on a site south of bates island on opeongo.

Edited by jedimaster

Tea lake is nice. How secluded do you want? The campsites are pretty spacious I was able to easily park my 16foot lund and jeep with lots of room to spare. There is a small beach and a decent swimming area i nthe little bay. The bathrooms and showers are pretty typical for a provincial park. The paddle down the river to smoke is very nice.

Do you want to drive up or paddle in to the site or drive in? If you just want some privacy and are going to paddle in then I would suggest staying on the lower arm on a site south of bates island on opeongo.

thanks Jedi,

Taking my girlfriend so would prefer to just car camp. I was under the impression there were no shower facilities at Tea Lake??

I thought there was but maybe there isn't. We only satyed one night because we were going to opeongo and we got up there too late. If you have a canoe try and get one that is by the lake that way you don't have to drag your canoe all over the place you can just pull it up on shore. Mew Lake campground is the nicest with the nicest facilities as far as drive in camping.If you go there though stay at the sites on the far side or else you will hear cars and trucks driving past on the highway all night long.

Oh yah. if you do go to Tea lake. Pack a lunch in a cooler and paddle down the river to Smoke lake and about halfway down Smoke there is a group of rocky islands. There are no bugs there and you can hang out on the rocks, go for a swim and have a little barbeque. Its a very small group of rocks but its pretty cool.

there is a group of rocky islands. There are no bugs there and you can hang out on the rocks

Just watch out for the bird poop LOL...

Everytime I go by there I find about a dozen birds....half gulls, half cormorants.

For the most part I'm kidding I've never stopped there to swim, just an observation :)