Sonar interference

walleyejack

I have a simple question,I have my sonar hooked up to my gps,which is in turn hardwired to my marine radio.Is like this in order to get the co-ordinates from the gps into the radio,if needed in an emergency.Problem is, when i trun on my Garmin gps,the sonar stops working,just flashes a 2ft depth when in reality we are in 78ft.I turn off the gps and the sonar comes to life again,any simple solution or ideas ?

I have a simple question,I have my sonar hooked up to my gps,which is in turn hardwired to my marine radio.Is like this in order to get the co-ordinates from the gps into the radio,if needed in an emergency.Problem is, when i trun on my Garmin gps,the sonar stops working,just flashes a 2ft depth when in reality we are in 78ft.I turn off the gps and the sonar comes to life again,any simple solution or ideas ?

Gotta wire the sonar separate right to the battery w/o any switches for the best interference reduction.

Thank you guys.I was looking how it was wired again,I misdiagnosed,the marine radion and the gps are tied together and and hooked in to the circut breaker,the sonar / gps unit is hooked into a circut breaker,could it be possible,when i turn the Garmin on that it interferes with the sonar/gps unit ? It is the Eagle Fishelite 502c. I thought they were tied together,but they aren't. Maybe run wire from Eagle to the battery direct and see how that goes.