Lake O. West end - May 28

Just few hours is all I've had this morning...rare trip without the kids but they had to go to a birthday party, so a good friend of mine came along and we started a bit late in the fog... (7:30am)...the usual search mode first to find where the hungry Kings are and lines in by about 8:30am....fog was bad....only relying on the GPS but what a shock when we saw a huge ship right in front of us ha ha ha....got to put a radar on just in case ,....anyhow....good bite....mixed bag with some really nice Kings....

Off the water by Lunch....

Few other boats in the area all fishing much shallower than us....

We were in 160 fow....spoon bite....got dozen or so to the boat...lost few others plus some other hits/misses....,

Despite the miserable weather this year we may get the season going after all...

Few shots from the day. Keep in mind he is 300 Lbs so compare that to the size of the fish ha ha ha:

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Wow, great catches.

I was on the East side of the pier when you guys came in. We were looking at your boat and comparing it to the size of ours, to see if we would be ok out in lake O. You took a second and chatted with two guys sitting on pales fishing off the west side pier. Which boat launch do you use in that aera?