Can someone ID this Jerk for Me?

EC1

Rogues don't have that kind of detail at the nose: they have that old-school pointy nose similar to rapalas.

Had nothing to do earlier so checked as many minnowbait/jerkbait images and found nothing that had that exact colouring and scrunched up nose. Must be some cheapy knock-off from Dollarama like some others said. It has the scrunched nose making it so different.

Edited by ehg

This is a HMKL knockoff designed by the same guys who have designed the H2O baits and others. They also make a popper that same color pattern. This is why it resembles a Strike Pro. They are found in bulk at certain stores as well as your local Dollar stores and they are also found at canadian tire stores next to the Matzuo ones. These are all made in the same factory in China. I have a catalogue from them and that exact bait is there. This is the same place that Lunkerhunt from Ontario is made along with others.

AWESOME! Thanks a bunch to everyone!

Marvin, it's crazy you know exactly what knockoff this is! Maybe if I find some at the dollar store, I should probably stock up on them. It's crazy to think that this jerkbait costed a dollar, because this guy suspended perfectly nose down, and the paint also has a nice yellow sheen in the sun!

Now this really brings me to the point....Do I really need to buy a 25 dollar Japanese jerkbait!? This guy outfished my 25 dollar jerkbait for the day, and all this costed was 4 split rings and 3 trebles + $1.13 at the dollar store! :whistling:

There was a bunch of these made from different guys. Megabait being one of them. The difference is the quality. It will be fine for now but they tend to rust a lot quicken and fail. The fixed weight system is usually the way to go in this style. I have a picture of ones sawed in half somewhere. Far more inferior then others. Balance is very inconsistant in these products, you get a good and you dont. Steel in the rings that are fixed to attach the split rings on are very cheap and usually break down. You got a good one so keep it. I have tons of these things. Lol. The paint does not differ that much only in weight I find. Its like a ugly woman, makeup can do wonders.

The cheap ones from the Dollar Store are sold under the name MAKO. I picked up a few for my son's tackle box and Rod Caster can attest that I tried 2 of them too. for pike. One had a great wobble action (fixed weight) and the other was a floating rattling one theat actually rolled over on itself on fast retrieve. I only had it on for 2 casts and that was long enough to see that it sucked. Now...I did find some Panther Martin Vivif swim baits at the dollar store. They look great and retail for around $4 a pack. I think these sold for $1.50 for a package of 2.