Mont Tremblant Fishing

rock34

Hello all,

This year on the July long weekend I am planning a trip to Mont Tremblant Quebec. Now, this isn’t a fishing trip but I certainly hope to get some fishing in. My wife and I have planned this trip with our combined 5 brothers and sisters as a "sibling trip". As life happens to all of us we are starting to see less of each other and before its too late we want to take a trip where all 7 of us can make it.

All that said, my brothers and wife are some of my best fishing partners luckily and we would like to do some fishing while were there. About 15 years ago I went on a charter there on the main lake and managed about a 14lb Musky in 8 hours on the water. Not a banner day but a beautiful day!

Anyway, you all get my drift (Sorry steelheaders, I didn’t mean to mention "drift"). Can anyone share any thoughts or experiences from fishing that area? Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!

I know that some people who ski there also ice fish in the winter. I think an ad for a guide said perch and pike at least in Lac Tremblant. I know there is a fly-only section of a river within 10 min drive from the hill, although I forget the name of the river. I think it might be the one that feeds into lac tremblant. Chances are if it's maintained as fly only, the fishing is pretty good. Probably not feasible since you are fishing with family but I figured I'd mention it.

Go fish for some trout at Pourvoirie Baroux.Not far from Tremblant.

That Lake will be infested with boats and seadoos waterskiers.not the ideal lake for fishing.

I will be in the Tremblent Village for the Blues festival July 15th to 18th.

MTP

Drive to the north side of the hill and there are clear marked fishing sections. The further upstream you go the longer the hike down the gorge. Hope your not afraid of bears. I have encountered them before. Big kauffman stones work well. For dries try some Adams and klinks. I've caught smallish browns and rainbows. There is one major pool just upstream from the bridge when your driving to the village. Look for a big wood bridge. Streamers work well here.

You can get your licence at the CT in st-jovite or the fly shop in the old village might sell them.

Good luck.