Crappie are coming...

limeyangler

Hi all,

Got out yesterday for a good session yesterday, started just before noon and headed back at 6:30pm so i could take the boy for a short boat ride before supper.

Day started miserably weather wise....windy...grey and rainy/drizzle. But by 3pm the sun was out..still breezy but nice.

I wanted to see if the crappie had moved in shallow and was casting close to shore....no luck. But after about 15 or so small pike....i found a pocket of keeper walleye...awesome....SUPPER SORTED.

The walleye bite died off and i headed along the NW shore in search of crappie. I found them in the last bay i tried....not hundreds as can be the case...but they are starting to show up....nice size too...averaging 12".

Beetlespin and chartreuse jig found them......slip bobber went on right after i confirmed they were there. They were sitting in 4' FOW about 15 feet out from shore...any further or closer and you would not get a bite.

Went out for a short boat ride with the boy and missus when i got back then casted from shore to get one more walleye as i'd only kept 3.

Here's the video and a picture of a crappie.

GOOD FUN AFTERNOON ON WABIGOON.

P5190254.jpg

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E493zOCsG5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>