Eaglet stuck in nest by fishing line

ehg

I have always made sure to keep and safely dispose of fishing line when out in boat or wherever. Too many times in past when at a shorefishing spot would find piles of mono discarded without care. <_<

Always thought some poor animal would get caught in the line. Here is a recent example of a eaglet getting caught in line that was on wood the parents used to build nest.

A good ending to this story.

I have been watching these Eagle cams and these eaglets now weigh 6 lbs after 6 weeks. In another 6 weeks they should be near 12-15 lbs and ready to fly away. Unbelievable growth and maturing rates.

Good thread Erik, thanks for posting that. The pessimist in me says that most of the people who litter can't be taught otherwise but if just a few people can come to realize how littering, aside from being an eyesore, is detrimental to the health of wildlife, well, the exercise will have been worth it.

Good thread Erik, thanks for posting that. The pessimist in me says that most of the people who litter can't be taught otherwise but if just a few people can come to realize how littering, aside from being an eyesore, is detrimental to the health of wildlife, well, the exercise will have been worth it.

That's the thing Roy, the simple fact of littering is a selfish act in itself but discarding fishing line by throwing it in the lake or on ground is especially thoughtless and lazy. The offenders are supposed to be into the outdoors and wildlife. Unfortunately it is very common and those videos show the costly resulting consequences.