For the guys heading to Nakina next week...

danc

You're good to go. I went for a drive to Nakina today and although I did'nt go right to Cordingley Lake, every other lake that I saw was ice free, or had a bit of loose ice crystals left on it. Tomorrow I have to go for another drive to one of the hydro dams on the Nipigon River, so I'll get to scout out my own stomping grounds. Sometimes I love my job.

Good luck, be safe, and have fun guys. :thumbsup_anim:

You're good to go. I went for a drive to Nakina today and although I did'nt go right to Cordingley Lake, every other lake that I saw was ice free, or had a bit of loose ice crystals left on it. Tomorrow I have to go for another drive to one of the hydro dams on the Nipigon River, so I'll get to scout out my own stomping grounds. Sometimes I love my job.

Good luck, be safe, and have fun guys. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Dan. I actually talked to someone in Nakina yesterday who told me the same thing so you're just confirming it. :thumbsup_anim:

Long range forecast looks incredible too.

I'm heading to lake nipigon next monday is the big lake still have lots of ice?

The last satellite image I have from a cloudless day is from two days ago, May 8th. Lower Nipigon is top centre in the image. Still pretty much frozen over Steve.

nipmay8.jpg

The last satellite image I have from a cloudless day is from two days ago, May 8th. Lower Nipigon is top centre in the image. Still pretty much frozen over Steve.

nipmay8.jpg

if you dont mind me asking...what is the link for the satelite imagery?