Fishing Trip Recipe Ideas

adempsey

I am going on a drive-to fishing trip for a week and am in charge of the food menu this year. I'd like to pre-prep and/or pre-cook as many dinners as I can. Anything I can freeze ahead would be great. I am guessing things like lasagna, chilli, meatloaf would be good choices. Also, anything that is good for multiple meals would be good too. I know spiral-cut ham is popular since it is good for all meals.

So, what is the one dinner item that you never forget to bring to your trips each year? Recipes would be great too.

Cheers!

Here ya go.......

Spaghetti and 3/4" meatballs loaded with big chunks of red and green pepper, onion wedges, whole mushrooms, stewed tomatoes and celery.

Marinated pork loins cut into 1/2" strips, marinate is Miss Dianna s&s sauce. Potato skins prepped ahead of time loaded with chives, cheese and bacon bits wrap an aluminum tray in foil and heat on BBQ first. Canned corn or peas to finish it off.

Smoked Turkey legs with a veg (broccoli blanched for 1 minute) and Knorr side kicks are your friends!

BBQ'd chicken breasts, salad, Knorr side kicks are your friends!

Rib steak, baked potato, salad.

Sausages and burgers, Knorr side kicks are your friends!

Peameal on a bun cut 3/4" thick, BBQ'd add a few Knorr side kicks are your friends!

All our meals except for the steak night (baked potato is reason), take less than 20 minutes to the table.

Our lunch menu usually consists of sandwiches either on a kaiser, scones or my favorite, wraps.

Don't bother with bacon and eggs every morning. We all fend for ourselves for breaky, I am an instant oatmeal guy, others have toast and Frosted flakes or bagels and cream cheese. Bacon and eggs take too long to cook and longer to clean before you can leave camp.

That, in a nutshell, is our menu for a 10 day trip. We always anticipate a shore lunch or 2 as well.

A big pot of chili , spagetti or stew. It can be reheated whenever anyone feels like some.

The spiral ham or a cooked turkey sliced up is great for sandwiches or a hearty meal if you have some gravy and mashed potatoes packed as well.

Most fishing trips we really only eat twice a day. A quick snack in the morning... toast...bagels...oatmeal...then out on the water. I don't count this as a meal. Come in at noon and have a good feed...the fishing usually slows down mid day anyhow. Then out fishing again until dark. Come in clean fish...have a few beverages...heat up something quick and easy for supper and your day is done. Repeat again the next day...etc. etc.

This year we are having a ham and baked potatoes one night and then use the ham and some onions and peppers etc to make omelettes for breakfast the next morning.

One night will be chicken wings and French fries. Both done using one of the turkey friers and oil.

Third night is roast beef on a bun with gravy and french fries. Ive bought a sirloin roast and will cook and slice before we go and heat up a big package of gravy. Easy and quick.

We usuallly have a dozen guys and most of this is done fairly easy with the proper cooking stuff

Most days we take a little burner out in the boat and meet in an arranged spot and use a fry pan to cook either hot dogs or grilled cheese for anybody thats hungry.

In the past we have done Steak and baked potatoes, a favourite of all is spaghetti made with ground venison or moose meat along with veggies etc. cooking the noodles in a turkey fries works ok.

We have a couple of turkey fryers we use along with 2 , 2 burner cookers we use along with a variety of pots and pans we carry to make cooking easy.

I do the majority of the cooking usually for 10-14 guys and with a bit of planning I dont spend much time at it. I go fishing with the guys in the morning and come back with them at night so there is no staying behind in camp to cook. We do this on crown land so there is no hydro etc to cook with just whatever we take with us.