need help adjusting timing

hello guys.

i have a NISSAN NS90A 90hp outboard. to make the story short, i bought a lemon last year. had to rebuilt 3 cyls. now when everything looks in order, timing needs adjusting. somewhere, its off. motor works on high rpms (1500) when on chock. on idle, should work at around 900rpm. as soon as chock is off, motor slowly drops rpms, and shuts off. i bought the book, but steps look confusing to someone with limited knowledge.

can someone guide me in the right direction, or the right person to go to? in a perfect world, somewhere in etobicoke. there is oficial dealer in oakville, but i wont take the boat there even if it was last place on earth. boat was there twice last year, for countless labour hours, and a few atempts to sell parts i do not need. also, called to mercury dealer, but they do not touch anything but mercury.

there has to be someone with skill set to adjust timing, i just dont know him yet. please give me advice where to go. how long it can take? maybe even how much it migh cost?

thanks

Edited by shurik

hello guys.

i have a NISSAN NS90A 90hp outboard. to make the story short, i bought a lemon last year. had to rebuilt 3 cyls. now when everything looks in order, timing needs adjusting. somewhere, its off. motor works on high rpms (1500) when on chock. on idle, should work at around 900rpm. as soon as chock is off, motor slowly drops rpms, and shuts off. i bought the book, but steps look confusing to someone with limited knowledge.

can someone guide me in the right direction, or the right person to go to? in a perfect world, somewhere in etobicoke. there is oficial dealer in oakville, but i wont take the boat there even if it was last place on earth. boat was there twice last year, for countless labour hours, and a few atempts to sell parts i do not need. also, called to mercury dealer, but they do not touch anything but mercury.

there has to be someone with skill set to adjust timing, i just dont know him yet. please give me advice where to go. how long it can take? maybe even how much it migh cost?

thanks

Sorry that I can't help you specifically but I noticed your comments about the Oakville dealer. Without mentioning a name, I would strongly suggest that all members steer clear of this business. Extremely inept business and practices.

You may want to try City Marine on the Queensway. I'm not sure if they service Nissan, but David could steer you in the right direction (tell him Simon referred you).

Slayer