Knee replacement

desship

Had my knee replaced last November. Had to cancel trip to Tamagami because of problems with knee. To top it off the surgeon has moved. Wondering if anybody has gone through this. Was doing great until I started to get boat ready and work around yard.I figure 7 months was long enough.

Edited by desship

Had mine done, let's see, 3-4 years ago. No problems , still going strong, well as strong as you can go when you're 59.Work hard on it in janitorial and landscaping business we own, so hasnt been babied. PM me if you want my surgeons name.

Bill

my mother had her left knee done last November and her right knee done last Wednesday...she still in hospital till tomorrow...but everything is comming along nicely...she will be roller blading and jumping out of airplanes shortly..not bad for 69 years young...i hope she never grows up :thumbsup_anim:

A friend went through knee replacement. Wouldn't lose the weight he needed to and then promptly got addicted to pain-killers. Sad story all around. Sounds like you've done much better. Is physio available for you?

Dan O.

A friend went through knee replacement. Wouldn't lose the weight he needed to and then promptly got addicted to pain-killers. Sad story all around. Sounds like you've done much better. Is physio available for you?

Dan O.

Yup a year sounds about right. Try not to get discouraged with the flare ups it takes time for the tissue to settle down. Slow and easy wins the race! :rolleyes: Yeah I know easy for the guy with the good knees to say eh!

Dan O.

Yup a year sounds about right. Try not to get discouraged with the flare ups it takes time for the tissue to settle down. Slow and easy wins the race! :rolleyes: Yeah I know easy for the guy with the good knees to say eh!

Dan O.

Not trying to steal your thread, but I'm presently WAITING to get put on a WAITING list . . . . I injured my heel, originally, and limping on it for 4 years while fighting with W. S. I. B. while STILL delivering mail wrecked my knee! I sure ain't lookin' forward to it . . . . I'm 64 and have had to switch to an inside sorting job. How long were you (completely) laid up? Was your leg in a cast? How long? Any additional info I read about this will be greatly appreciated. There sure seems to be an awful lot of different outcomes, from nearly crippled to almost as good as new!

My wife had a successful partial (Oxford) knee replacement last December in Peterborough. If you can get to Peterborough easily, the excellent surgeon was Dr Dobson and follow up physiotherapy at the new Trent Health in Motion facility at Trent U (705-741-4758.

Good Luck!