Gravenhurst Gull lake and Silver Lake ANY TIPS

I believe he's referring to the Silver lake that connects from Gull Lake by Gravenhurst. Welcome aboard, Canadian Shark.....you may get a bit more feedback if you share what species/time of year you plan on going. :)

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys,

I though I would post a short report on this lake as I have not found much info online. I have fished it now a few times as we often do family day trips there in the summer. It is close to T.O, has a nice public beach, washrooms, food, parking etc. It is a good place to bring kids and the lake is not too busy even on the weekends which is always a good thing. I have worked the section north of HWY 11 overpass my last few times there. My impression of the lake, in that area, is that there is little structure, and mostly seemed to be a sandy bottom. There are, however, a few large deep rocky areas near and off shore and these are the areas that seem to be holding fish (as expected). At the east side there is a weedy bay that I will likely explore further at subsequent trips. The only fish I have caught have been various panfish and bass. Tried to find pike but has been a no go thus far. Here's a pic from yesterday...did not measure or weigh, but was a good solid fish and there are others to be found I'm sure. Hundreds of $$ on tackle, and nailed it on a crawler and drop shot. Go figure. I'd be happy to hear anywone else's successes/tips there!

-Skdds

DSC00059.JPG