Orillia Perch 30 Apr

Fisherman

Well I figured give it one more crack seeing as how the weather is cooperating for a change. Up at 4, breaky, coffee, hook up the boat and off I go. Hit the launch at 550, people are coming fast and furious, some should have slept a little longer(the ones that can't back up and unload a boat). Had to watch some poor sod try and start a Yama 50 2 stroke, he must have had 5 batteries in the boat, I don't think he relented on the starter for at least 10 minutes straight. Big smell of gas, probably flooded it. One crack on the starter(Honda) and it's purring, shoulda bought one of these. Ever get an evil eye, I think I got a few right then. Fish finder on, off I go, here, there, hither and yon. Nada, zip, zilch. Shallow, deep, no difference, talked with others, same story. Back up to the Narrows into a marina, millions of dinks, must have caught over 100, managed to keep 4 that might have been 8 inches. Okay, enough of this, go back home, clean 4 fish, one is sooooo infested with white grubs, it's still wiggling and it's been dead for 2 hours. Yech! The other 3, females, already spawned out or immature, tiny little roe sacs. I give up, I'm going to Johnys fish store instead, much cheaper. Some of the others I spoke with fished much of last week with the same results.

I'm going to Johnys fish store instead, much cheaper

Well, this mornings turkey hunt didnt go much better then yer fish Erich,and yes,I did hit up Johnys on my way home. :Gonefishing:

I also picked up a welding job off of him.Got to keep that smoker going. :thumbsup_anim: