Have the catfish bite improved yet?

coreyhkh

Get out and fish The Catfish are at their easiest when the water is high. The Catfish turns into an ambush feeder in these water conditions.

The first place to look for is were their is a break in the current. Deadfalls,log jams,wingdams,are a perfect place. Remember that you want to fish both sides of the water break the upper side is a place that holds slack water so don't rush to the down river side. Once anchored cast back to the slack water with your baits some near the edge were the water meets the fast water and some near the shore in sometimes 1 or 2 ft of water. Look for flooded areas were the water is over the bank and the grass is under 2 ft of water the fish are up their feeding on the worms that come out trying not to drown. The bite is the strongest when the water is rising or slack as it drops the fish tend to slow down on the bite. Their is usually organic trash in the water so you will need to watch your lines and clear the leaves as needed the leaves travel down the line and cover the bait. Have fun and please release the big girls for the future.

Art

I havent been to Dunnvile yet but did manage to get out here in Cayuga. I went out last Thursday and didnt put my boat in but fished from shore and caught a 4 lb and a 6 lb. I fished for about 2 hours nad the bite was crazy pretty much the whole time . Hopefully this weekend I will get the boat in and try again.

went out tonight and fished from shore and the bite was slow but managed to land a six pounder. moemoe is right the river is high and lots of junk floating down stream I saw at least 10 2x4s and a log 8 inches across and ten feet long so carefull if you are boating out there.

went out tonight and fished from shore and the bite was slow but managed to land a six pounder. moemoe is right the river is high and lots of junk floating down stream I saw at least 10 2x4s and a log 8 inches across and ten feet long so carefull if you are boating out there.

We fished from Dunnville Monday -- in the snow :wallbash: It was our first time, just my dad and myself. We caught 4 and lost waaay more -- first time using circle hooks...takes some getting used to. Fish were all in the 10-13lb range on the scale. Water was high and muddy, visibility was 3-4 inches maybe.

Skip the morning, we fished 11-3pm and all bites were after 12:30pm. Most of the fish were quite yellow...meaning they'd been in the river a while :dunno: Anyways, good luck if you go...