holland river

lovetofish

Was thinkin about heading up to the Holland river for some crappie. Anyone been there yet? I was wondering how the launch is? I have 17.5ft bass boat and pull it with my mini van. I've launch there before, but was just wondering if anything has changed over the winter?

thanks,

lovetofish

I believe that yes, the launch is still there rolleyes.gif

Was there the other night, not much happening.....but was shorebound. I'm thinkin' there's gotta be some action by now....things have been pretty warm during the day so that water has to have come up a couple degrees

for the free one ..depends on where on the river you want to go and how high your boat is

most boats with a full windshield can not make it under the R&R bridge but if you want to fish under the bridge to the pump house then you are find the ramp is on the south west side of the bridge on 11 at the east end of bradford..there is parking on the side of the road..until the side of the road is filled with vehicles and trailers...

if your boat is too big and you want to fish the river and the marinas then you can put the boat in at the marina on the north east side of the bridge on 11 at the east end of bradford..10bucks will be yanked form you wallet to put in there and park

Edited by Terry®

Thanks Terry. I have a 17' aluminum boat with double windshield. I don't think it can go under the bridge which if I recall correctly has very low clearance. I think I better go with the marina you mentioned. This is on the West Holland River right? I think there are also a couple of marinas on the East Holland River (Soldiers Bay Marine, Holland River Marina etc). In general, is the East or West better with crappie fishing?