Carp fishing: where?

Slowhand

I read the article on buying carp gear with interest. I think I would like to try carp fishing quite a bit. Question is where. I don't expect to be given locations of secret hot spots but perhaps some comments on whether or not I could find them at these locations:

Gloucester Pool?: (Been there for a long time but haven't seen any but then I wasn't looking for them)

Humber River mouth?

Credit River mouth area?

Island Lake?(Orangeville reservoir)

Anyone fish these locations and target carp? Thanks.

That's the amazing thing about Carp, they are found almost everywhere. I don't think they are in Orangeville reservoir but I could be mistaken. The entire Lake Ontario shoreline has roaming carp, incredible...

Some of the more popular spots I have heard about are Hamilton Harbour, Trent Severn waterway, St. Lawrence River (Caught my PB 34lb common carp there) I've seen big Carp in Lake Simcoe as well, but the water is pretty clear so it may require night fishing or different techniques to get the bigger fish.

It's very easy to catch them for the most part as they aren't that heavily pressured. A few kernels of corn threaded on a hook with some splitshot would be all it takes to start catching them. Eventually you can get all the fancy carp gear and look like you just got off a plane from Europe :)

Tony