1989 Mercury 25 HP elec. start

lenray

I had a 1986 20 HP Merc. My guess is that the plugs are permanently gapped (forget what they call these). There is just a centre pin and the threaded part of the plug surrounds it and is separated by an insulator. I would think you are referring to the kill switch that is on the motor. It must be pointed up to run. The tether is most likely missing, but if it was attached, it would knock the switch into the "down" position if it was yanked off the switch.

I had a 1986 20 HP Merc. My guess is that the plugs are permanently gapped (forget what they call these). There is just a centre pin and the threaded part of the plug surrounds it and is separated by an insulator. I would think you are referring to the kill switch that is on the motor. It must be pointed up to run. The tether is most likely missing, but if it was attached, it would knock the switch into the "down" position if it was yanked off the switch.

Thankyou Rattletrap2 for the info. Love those Rattletraps.

Usually the red toggle switch by the choke on the engine block by the carbs is for winter fogging, and yes it should be in the up position. Take you old plug out and cross reference the # at CTC for all brand options of plugs.They should be pregapped from factory.A good thing to buy is a Merc manual by seloc.