Vicious Pro Elite Fluorocarbon Fishing Line

GBW

I did have couple of drinks but are you guys contradicting yourselves hahah ??

I am going to assume it would work both ways, i mean it makes sense.

Thanks!

I have never soaked a reel to try that. I always use the method I spoke about. Time for a drink tho...

True.

But, for best results, use one of Geoff's kids' buckets. :thumbsup_anim:

Why were there 5 cars out front today waiting for me to get home? :whistling:

I use mono exclusively. In fact I've never taken a cast with braid ever. I've heard of the "soak your line in hot water" thing many times. I've never done it and have never had a problem with line "memory". My go to line is Cabelas pro line mono. It's like six bucks for 2000 yards. I guess I'm getting old, but I still catch fish the old fashioned way with decades old methods. Braid?? Flouro?? Super lines?? They catch more fishermen than fish imho.

I have never soaked a reel to try that. I always use the method I spoke about. Time for a drink tho...

Why were there 5 cars out front today waiting for me to get home? :whistling:

I take the spool off and just soak it although I have stopped using flouro main line and use braid with a flouro leader I have braid on all my reels now .

soaking mono in hot water does what exactly?

I have never heard of this tip!

Me neither! I would imagine after soaking it, it'll loosen it up. but once it cools down again, I would imagine

the line would conform to the spool again?? Anyone??

It's a tip that's been around for a long time....I first came across it in one of Bob Izumi's books...he mentioned lukewarm water, not too hot. The idea is to take the memory out of the line, as the diameter of the spool it's packaged on is likely different than that of your reel. Of course it's going to conform to your reel eventually....if the line has sat for some time, you can always pop the spool off and soak it before you head out.