looking for name of another movie Nature related

skinny

when i was younger i use to like watching this movie .I cn't remeber the name and not sure if I will ever find it but here goes what I remember. It's about a boy that leaves home (I think) and he goes and lives in the woods. hefinds a big hollowed out tree to live in . he finds a raccoon and keeps as a pet/friend. he lives off the land and does meet a few people while out there. I think he gets snowed in in a storm too. He eventually returns to his real home.

any help to find it would be nice I would like my kids to watch it

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

lemme know if you do online or something. i've never actually seen the movie, just read the book. i've never been able to find the film.

when i was younger i use to like watching this movie .I cn't remeber the name and not sure if I will ever find it but here goes what I remember. It's about a boy that leaves home (I think) and he goes and lives in the woods. hefinds a big hollowed out tree to live in . he finds a raccoon and keeps as a pet/friend. he lives off the land and does meet a few people while out there. I think he gets snowed in in a storm too. He eventually returns to his real home.

any help to find it would be nice I would like my kids to watch it

As another member said it's called "My Side of the Mountain" I love this movie!! I did have a copy that I downloaded of a torrent site but it wasn't that good. It was good to watch with my kids. Kinda reminded me of myself when I was younger.....heading out to the woods, making a shelter, cooking hot dogs........etc.

Hope you find it.

Edited by ckrb2007

in process of d/l now from link hope the quality is ok

this reminds me also of a weekly series I use to watch had cabins and group of kids and lots of nature type adventures

they did lots of travle by canoe and i think talked with a park ranger all the time