Question for any Electricians

Billy Bob

Hey BB, sounds like you son should have Johnny over for a BBQ!

YA ! ! ! he's VERY close to me but still 135 miles from my son in Homer, NY... :D

Son Billy made another check on the house and found it has a new fuse panel and he said about 50% of the plugs in the house are 3 prong plugs. He will be getting a home inspector to address all concerns, especially the electric. :worthy:

Thanks Again guys,

Bob

Check To See If All The Wiring Are Romex Wire Coming To The Panel.

Sets Off Bells And Whistles when half the house is two prong and the other half is three prong.

Unless The Basment Is open(Reason Why I Will Never Buy A House With A Half Ass Finished Basement)

I Googled Knob and Tube wiring and it says it was used in North America from 1880 to 1930...I have never seen this type of wiring in any of the homes I have been in....I'd say it's safe to assume this home is not Knob and Tube wiring......

On a positive note the boy's offer was accepted today, contingent on a home inspection. He and his fiancée are thrilled after 6 hard months of looking at homes....they were getting sick at looking at homes that looked good on web pictures only to find reality when they got there......and you would be surprised at how some people don't keep up there homes inside and out.

AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE....I REALLY APPRECIATED ALL THE HELPFUL RESPONSES.

Bob

Billy Bob

Just a suggestion, have your son call people that are trade sensitive for home inspections, plumbers, electricians, HVAC and Structural/Roof ect. IMHO No one guy is qualified to do a whole house inspection and give a fair assessment.

Even Mike Holmes brings in the experts :D

BB, have him pull a recepticle off the wall and double check how it's wired. I spoke to electrian friend of mine and he told me that checking the recepticles would tell him whether it's really two wire or is actually three wire, with the box grounding out the third.

HH

Billy Bob

Just a suggestion, have your son call people that are trade sensitive for home inspections, plumbers, electricians, HVAC and Structural/Roof ect. IMHO No one guy is qualified to do a whole house inspection and give a fair assessment.

Even Mike Holmes brings in the experts :D

Thank You.......I am forwarding this info... :)

BB, have him pull a recepticle off the wall and double check how it's wired. I spoke to electrian friend of mine and he told me that checking the recepticles would tell him whether it's really two wire or is actually three wire, with the box grounding out the third.

HH

GOOD IDEA ! ! !