Quick question for the Pflueger spinning reel guys

Bondar

just a quick question , i'm looking at trying a Pflueger Patriarch in place of my 2500 Ci4 reels

i think its the 9535 size that i need to be the comparable size and Line capacity as my shimano i'm just not sure how Pflueger sizes there reels am i on the right track? also does anyone have any experiance with the drag on these reels ? smooth ?

thank you

Edited by Wiser

just a quick question , i'm looking at trying a Pflueger Patriarch in place of my 2500 Ci4 reels

i think its the 9535 size that i need to be the comparable size and Line capacity as my shimano i'm just not sure how Pflueger sizes there reels am i on the right track? also does anyone have any experiance with the drag on these reels ? smooth ?

thank you

I think you want the 9525. I have no experience with the patriarch, but my presidents have a nice drag for the $.

I own Supremes and Supreme XT's and I like the biggest size. They are all good reels but the larger spools on the largest size 40 means never, and I mean NEVER having line handling issues. Even the 35 size does occasionally have some line fall off the spool causing a tangle. In the Supremes the 40 size only weighs in the 9 oz range so weight is not a factor. The big size casts further as well, an important issue when throwing super small lures for Steelhead and Smallies. The drags are excellent in the Supremes and I use them for everything including Salmon. The only issues I've had with mine are that on all 4 the line out clicker died on at least one of the spools supplied with the reels some on both spools. Pflueger did replace the spools free of charge BUT I did need to talk directly to the top guy in Canada to get it done. I'm sure they know that the clicker is an issue with both types of Supremes and that's why the free replacements but beware if you are spending $250 for the Patriarch. Pure Fishing, owner of Pflueger among many other big name brands, used to be the best no questions asked warranty claims outdoor company out there. Not so much now however. Let us know how you like the Patriarch if you get one as they look very promising (but $250 for a spin reel is lots especially when Tackle Warehouse has Daiwa Certate Vintage Customs for $299. IMO these reels are the best freshwater reels out there, better even than regular Certates, Steezes or even Shimano Stellas. They look very cool as well since they feature a toned down appearance that is the opposite of the rapper inspired bling of many fishing reels offered today.

Can't go wrong there Jeff. Thats the only spinners I use. All supremes 8030mg,8035mg.Best reel I have used to date. Can't beat it all year round on the lower. Drag is super smooth and no probs with line falling off.Looking forward to your "field test".

I think you will be really happy with it. I have the Pflueger Presidents reel which is the cheaper one and I really am pleased with it. I have it on my St. Croix finesse bass rod and its great the drag is great on it. I have had no problems with it. Just give it the tlc it needs. I am looking at getting the Patriarch its really nice and I like the carbon arbor I want to see the difference with that.

I bought a 9525 patriarch not too long ago thinking I would use it for ice fishing, and haven't been out yet. If the ice on Simcoe holds up for the weekend I should get to break her in. I'm planning on using the spare spool with mono line for ice fishing and the carbon spool with a light braid for finesse fishing.