Hello my semi-frozen friends...

Garry2Rs

Hello my semi-frozen friends.

Buck and I are still basking in the sun and doing a little trout an bass fishing here in Arizona.

This week we are suffering through a cool spell.

Lows near 40 and highs of around 65F.

Next week we will be back in the 80's.

I guess winter is Hell everywhere!

The pre-spawn should be starting soon, and we will be throwing Rattle-Traps and square bill cranks along with Carolina-rigged lizards over the beds.

Here's hoping your ice is sound until we get home, and that you have some great days on the solid water.

We have acquired many large, hard-body swim-baits for the Pike and Musky openers.

The new tackle just makes us more home-sick for the Kawarthas.

In about eight weeks we will be home and we are are look forward to some great Crappie fishing after the ice goes out.

I just built a new seven foot rod for 1/32 oz. "Crappie" jigs and can hardly wait to get home to try it out!

See you when the water gets soft.

Garry2R's

Bleah!!!!!

I tried flippin' some little soother baits that I made to my new grandson. You'd think he'd be old enuf to go after them by now (7 days) wouldn't you? I even made 'em barbless so I could throw him back when (and apparently if) he bit. His little gums are still pretty soft, and he's outside the slot anyway.

It just isn't fair. You get trout, bass and warm (ish) weather. I get snow, cold and completely disinterested game. :P

See you & Buck in the spring.

JF