Redemption

Rod Caster

Jim Jigger and I went up to Lake Temagami yesterday and fished hard. He got 2, I got ZIP! ouch.

Even though I was tired as heck from yesterday, I felt a burning need to get back out there and catch fish before this turns into a skunky streak. Me and a couple work buddies drove to the shack for prime time.

A small walleye hit my minnow within the first 10 minutes and the boys were stoked for more to come. With the promise of "millions" of perch and a few walleye, the absolute lack of movement after that first walleye was weird and suprising. An hour passed and we all defaulted to saying " it's nice just getting out" and even though I believe in that spirit, I didn't really believe it at the time.

At 5:30pm buddy #1 (the rookie) pulls in a nice 13 inch walleye using a swedish pimple with a gaudly placed minnow. At 6pm I pull in a good eatin 14 incher. Five minutes later ....

BAM!

Feb232011-Nipwalleye-1.jpg

23.5 incher! I tagged it for the OFC tourny and let her swim. (there was another cam there if your wondering why I'm looking away haha)

Next bite is a small perch. The only one of the day dunno.gifdunno.gif where did they all go??

Felt good to let go of the big girl even if it was outside the slot, she was fat and full of eggs. One guys said " your a good man" the other said " I would have kept it" hahaha. To each their own.... I already have some nice snack size walleye.

Feb23-1.jpg

Edited by Rod Caster