Were's Whitey ????

codered

Hey guys i have a question for all you who fish simcoe ..

I have been fishing simcoe for over 10 years in the winter months and always have had a hutt out.

last year i did realy well in the hutt getting skunked only twice and spent over 20 days fishing it .

I putt my hutt in the same gps location as last year 74 fow straight out from IBP in the group closest to the islands more or less inline with the middle of the 2 islands .

Now I have gave up all together on the dahm thing for all I catch are perch and herring and last year I caught 6 perch in the hutt by accident this year i would guese 200 ???? whats going on?

I miss sitting in a nice warm hutt and catching whitefish with only a sweatshirt on . Instead im jigging all over the place for whitefish and trout in the open wich i dont mind butt on real dirty days I would much rather be in my hutt ..

I appoligise that this is a bitt of a rant butt has any one else found this is happening to them this year ?

is any one catching whitefish and trout in this area?

thanks guys and tight lines off to long shole tomorow ...

Whities are not at IBP area this year....but they are still in Simcoe :Gonefishing:

Just got to find them...takes longer walk/drive but for those who persist rewards are there :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I have found them almost everytime I have went out this year not in the huge schools like last year. butt smaller ones

my buddy caught a perch in 97 fow last weekend .lol ide say things have changed .....

Exactly....no point driving around the lake to access it any further from your house than necessary...get to it and head for the middle! LOL That's about my best guess from nearly every report I read. Was sorely tempted to do a monster walk on Saturday morning....but only have a few precious hours, so I'm hitting up a smaller lake instead. :)

Well it was so windy and cold I could hardly find my way back to the hutt.

Decided to give it another try in the hutt after catching only one whitefish at long shole. Only fished for an hour in the open then sayed enough of this bull.

My first whity came threw the hole in the hutt today on a spoon and still caught 5 perch ..lol

Mabey the whitefish have started to move a little closer to shore ..

not a bad day home by 1:30 whiefish for dinner tomorow night having some of the family over for a small fry up..

thx for the replys guys

tight lines.....

How is the walking out there? I'm hearing the slush makes it nearly impossible to walk?

Dan O.

walking shouldnt be that bad the cold temps have tightened most of the slush up and the wind has flattened some of the snow down.. Butt what will sunday bring and then next week too mild temps on the way ... ????

I have found them in the usual places .. I always move around on simcoe I have about 30-40 spots gps and the lake is loaded with whities .. This year is 92 feet it's the magic number I was home by 10:30 this morning caught my fish in 20 min it took me longer to get out set up and drive back so all I can say is find them and you will kill them I have always moved around on single I hate being in a hut

Edited by walleyemaster