Big Bay Point area report.

ckrb2007

We decided to get on the ice a little later then we normally do because of the deep snow and slush. We were hoping that the traffic on the ice would packed some of it down for the atv's......but that wasn't the case. It was a tough go on the atv's this weekend. I was having a tougher time then Todd on Saturday because I was towing my Guide out along with having my buddy Randy, who goes about 230lbs, on the back of my atv. We didn't make it out as far as we would have liked but it turned out to be a good thing. We got into a good amount of fish in the time we were out. Randy and I managed to bring home 2 whiteys each and Todd came home with 2 whiteys and 1 laker. More we caught and release and several were lost on the way up.

On Sunday, Todd picked me and my atv/trailer up at my house since the wife needed the truck today. It was a lot easire today travel wise out on the ice. The diff. lock on my atv kicks ass!!! lol What a difference between just 4-wheel drive, and 4-wheel drive with the front diff. locked. Night and day!! We were only out for about 3hrs and only got one whitey and one laker. We marked just enough fish and got enough chasers to keep us planted in the same spot for the day.

All in all it was a good weekend get out. Crossing my fingers for the slush to tighten up!!!

I'll be out for my annual birthday fish on Friday hopefully with Dad.

Colin

My first whitey of the day.....a nice humpback.

p1030043v.jpg

Randy and my haul for the day.

p1030046i.jpg

A couple happy fisherman

p1030045r.jpg

Todd with his bounty for the day.

p1030048z.jpg

Sundays laker.

p1030049j.jpg

Todd's Sunday whitey

p1030050l.jpg

Good work Colin! Nice sized whitie you got there. We got 2 whities each on Sunday, 93 fow as well. We sat for 2 hours marking the odd fish, moved 250 feet and got our limit in 15 mins. They were stacked where we moved to.

Rob C

Now that's two great days on the ice Collin. Teh herring have driven me away form the Point. The slush was really bad today. Enjoy your birthday on the ice.

RR

Don,

I haven't seen or caught one herring this year...mind you, I haven't fished in Kemp. Bay at all.

Colin