Outdoors cards question.

SBCregal

When I renewed my fishing license this year my outdoors card needed to be renewed as well (I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to show up). I got the fishing outdoors card but now I am planning on taking the hunters safety course and getting the hunting license as well. Do the license tags go on that outdoors card or am I going to need to replace that card as well?

ryan

When I renewed my fishing license this year my outdoors card needed to be renewed as well (I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to show up). I got the fishing outdoors card but now I am planning on taking the hunters safety course and getting the hunting license as well. Do the license tags go on that outdoors card or am I going to need to replace that card as well?

ryan

Your new card will be the same as the old one with the addition of an "H" printed on it to represent you as a hunter.

Mike

mike,

i dont currently have the hunters license though, im taking the course and have already renewed my fishing license. i get the feeling im gonna need to get another outdoors card again when i DO buy my small game/hunting license.

ryan

I think the MNR will want to go through your walet again! You may be able to use your old card with proof of your course completion. Maybe you could re-apply for another card under the "lost or stolen" section, I'm not sure though. Send them a query via e-mail, that's probably your best bet. I believe someone has already posted the link.

Bonne chance.

Mike

Ryan,

The first time you buy an Outdoors card that includes hunting, you will have to take a copy of your "passed" Hunter Safety course documents into an office of Service Ontario that is equipped to deal with this. All offices are not equipped, so check it out first.

It is something you need to do in person and they will upgrade you to a hunter at that time while you wait. Once this is done, you can go on one of their computers and your file will come up to reflect the changes. You can now apply for the new Outdoors card. You may need to pay, but they could also have a provision for this since you already renewed the fishing version.

I went home and renewed mine. From now on, I don't have to go in person and can renew online. It is only the first time that you need to do this.

Don't worry too much about it. After you pass your hunter safety course you just take the papers to the Service Ontario or whoever does your stuff locally. They will give you a temp. card (piece of paper)for your hunting stuff. You will not have to buy another outdoors card. It is actually illegal to have two. I know because I went through this and they were going to charge me. I made them realize they made the mistake and backed off.

After the year has lapsed you will get a new outdoors card sent to you with the H on it. Till then, always have your fishing card and hunting paper with you as you need both pieces to be legal. I would also recommend making a photo copy of the paper just in case it gets wet or ruined.