Long Point Bay Feb 5

danbouck

Thursday and Friday I was working on a new ice fishing project. I wanted a portable hut but spent that money on a sonar/gps for the boat :thumbsup_anim: So I decided to make one.

Building a hut is easy enough but I wanted to be able to fold it down and carry it on my ATV :huh: So I came up with a plan of making a light frame that would have all the pieces fold out to hold itself together. I was going to just make a tarp cover for it but I rolled into Princess auto and found a replacement tent cover for $10 :worthy: Now I didn't have to worry about a door or windows :)

So anyways since it cost a whole $15 to build I wasn't too concerned if it didn't work. I tested it out on LPB on Saturday and it actually worked B) Took 5 minutes to set up, blocked the wind and kept us warm.

100_1897.JPG

100_1912.JPG

100_1900.JPG

100_1914.JPG

As for the fishing we caught a bunch of perch, only a few good size but still a lot of fun

First fish was a monster lol

100_1910.JPG

100_1916.JPG

100_1917.JPG

100_1918.JPG

100_1919.JPG

This was the site first thing in the morning.

100_1915.JPG

100_1913.JPG

In the afternoon I noticed that the wind picked up a bit and opened the door to have a look. Well I could barely see the ATV because of the whiteout :o It's a good thing I had my compass because that's how we got back in. That was followed by a 3 hour drive home that was pretty scary in some spots.

hey Dan I think you passed me when we were walking back in

mu portable hut looks like a big green tent it's a 10x10 from pinical (spelt wrong but oh well)

I just wish I had a way out and in other than feet or the taxi maybe next year

Great report Dan, but..

As for the fishing we caught a bunch of perch, only a few good size

That is the result 90% of the time, on a good day out there.. can't believe you'd waste your time on the bay but I guess to each his own. lol

hey Dan I think you passed me when we were walking back in

mu portable hut looks like a big green tent it's a 10x10 from pinical (spelt wrong but oh well)

I just wish I had a way out and in other than feet or the taxi maybe next year

I honestly couldn't see a damn thing coming back in, I'll have a look for you next time

Great report Dan, but..

That is the result 90% of the time, on a good day out there.. can't believe you'd waste your time on the bay but I guess to each his own. lol

It's a convenience thing Rich, I wanna check out the cottage and boat house so I might as well fish while I'm there. I still wanna hit your honey holes this year!