Where are the Cook's Bay Jumbo Perch?

Wymen

So I've been fishing the Lefroy / Gilford area and I can't seem to hit any jumbo (12"+) perch. Is it just me or do I just suck? :-)

I can pull in buckets of 5-6" perch but I can't seem to get anything larger. I've fished 35FOW, 42FOW, 48FOW. I've used moonshines, rapalas ice jigs, swedish pimples ranging from 1/16th to 1/4oz. I fish off the bottom unless I mark a school in the mid column.

Any suggestions?

By the way, does anyone know if winter perch pods consist of a variety of sizes and sexes or do they form pods of approx the same size? B/c I'm finding that all of the perch I'm hitting are males - which would account for them being small.

Wymen

Well, my room mate just got in with a nice bucket of perch, 10"+. Not quite a limit, but 3/4 of a bucket full. The west side of the lake is a nursery. I'd rather catch less numbers, more quality. My bud said he released about 10, out of 40 or so. All the rest were keepers. Way better than 100 dinks, and not enough keepers for dinner!!!

East side has the jumbo's!

S.

Well, my room mate just got in with a nice bucket of perch, 10"+. Not quite a limit, but 3/4 of a bucket full. The west side of the lake is a nursery. I'd rather catch less numbers, more quality. My bud said he released about 10, out of 40 or so. All the rest were keepers. Way better than 100 dinks, and not enough keepers for dinner!!!

East side has the jumbo's!

S.

Any suggestions on depth & access points on the east side of the bay?

Less than 20ft, between port bolster and beaverton. That's as detailed as I'm willing to get.

S.

Oh you're fishing all the way over there. I thought you meant east side of Cook's Bay. So I guess Cook's Bay is full of dinks.