Auger blade sharpening in London area?

scugpg

I accidentally dulled up my nils auger today :wallbash: . I didn't hit anything hard so I think the head is still in good shape but it needs a sharpening. It will dig in a bit and basically sit and spin unless I put heavy pressure on the auger. Fingers crossed.

I tried to sharpen it tonight and going to try tomorrow if it helped but otherwise I'm outta luck and need to get it sharpened at the very least.

Anyone in the London area know how to do this? I hear there is someone in Chatham but if there is local that would be great.

Edited by scugog

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

you see, if it was a normark getting brand new blades would be as easy as a visit to your nearest outdoors store. i just bought a new finn bore micro yesterday... i considered the nils but considering how much they cost, and how difficult it is to get replacement blades, i stuck with ol' reliable.

find a place that does skates, axes, etc.

good luck!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I'm assuming you want to get these blades sharpened because you want to use your auger but don't have the time to pick up a new set of blades... be careful getting them sharpened. There's no garantee that the new edge will hold up like the factory edge. And how much do you think sharpening will cost? I don't know anyone that can answer that question. It could cost as much as a new set of blades. Blades for manual augers are sharpened on grinders that need to be set up for specific applications. Grinding wheels need to be dressed, some type of jig may need to be constructed to hold the blades. All this takes time and costs money. If I were you id be contacting the store I bought the auger from and let them know that I need new blades badly. So bad that id even consider shopping elsewhere if that's what it takes to get them.

You may not have the time to ship it, but the below person is authorized by Nils to sharpen their blades. I just had my Nils blades sharpened over Christmas, when the same thing happened and he shipped it back very fast and they are as good as new. I also bought a spare blade, in case my blade gets dull again, so I can rotate them. I know he ships to Canada too.

Frank DeLuca

5382 Jentoft Rd,

Saginaw, MN

[email protected]

You may not have the time to ship it, but the below person is authorized by Nils to sharpen their blades. I just had my Nils blades sharpened over Christmas, when the same thing happened and he shipped it back very fast and they are as good as new. I also bought a spare blade, in case my blade gets dull again, so I can rotate them. I know he ships to Canada too.

Frank DeLuca

5382 Jentoft Rd,

Saginaw, MN

[email protected]

Thanks Greg I'll get in contact with him. Really disapointed though I had a 4'' for two years without any issues and I don't see how the head could've been bent I didn't go into anything really hard.