Raven Warranty

Twocoda

Last Spring i bought a 3 piece 14' Raven rod because my (removed name) met an untimely demise and i was having warranty issues with them :wallbash: ...i was dead set against purchasing another of their products because of this and just so happen to find a Raven display set up right beside theirs in our local tackle shop...so as the story goes.... after several months of extreme use i blew up the Raven in the center section and thought "oh great!!!! here i go again "...so i went into the tackle shop to get the info i needed to send this rod in for repair or replacement...got it all packaged up in a carpet tube and ready for mail...well...lets just say i got side tracked with life because i actually didnt sent the rod into Raven until the 6th of January this year ( almost 6 months after the fact). :whistling: I tracked the rod and found they received it on the 13th of January and thought i should smash out an email to find out what the next step is... the very next day i got a response from a lady to call her regarding my rod. :mellow: Now honestly ...i was expecting there to be a confrontation over the phone as it was in the past with a few other rod companies...but much to my surprise the little voice on the other end of the phone was telling me my rod is ready to be sent back :unsure: ...i asked what the damage is for the replacement and she said (shipping costs only)22 bucks) HOLY CRAP!!!!! i thought :worthy: .....i couldnt belive it !!! im prepared for battle and there isnt going to be one ... :thumbsup_anim:

To Raven i say ....Thank you for being an ethical company that stands behind your products...it truly gives piece of mind to know this for the sometimes extreme situations your products can encounter ..

To the little voice at the other end of the phone ( Bridget) you represent Raven's company with the highest of standards!!!! Thank you!!!

To the "other" rod manufacturers....you have alot to learn when it comes to getting repeat customers and keeping them happy..I suggest you call Raven for a seminar on how its done .

For the record.....I have no vested interest in Raven other than a completely satisfied customer and this post in OFC is for others to know when they are considering dropping hundreds on fishing rods

Best Regards

Dave

They all break Mike (with the exception of an old Diawa Eliminator i have) :dunno: but then again ...i put things to the TEST as im sure your crowd does too...but this being the first Raven ive ever owned and based on their response through this rod...i just thought it was worth mentioning...

Cheers

They all break Mike (with the exception of an old Diawa Eliminator i have) :dunno: but then again ...i put things to the TEST as im sure your crowd does too...but this being the first Raven ive ever owned and based on their response through this rod...i just thought it was worth mentioning...

Cheers

No, actually they don't all break.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

good to hear they are good with their warranty. they make a helluva good rod for the money. i own a few of them. i haven't broken one yet but some days i swear i'm trying. :wallbash:

I blew up my Raven two years ago against a shale wall on the Credit - took it in to Kingsway Tackle in Guelph and they sent it to Raven that day. I had a brand new rod back in under a week and it cost me $16.

That's exactly how service should be, I loved that rod but it was seriously undergunned in anything other than small slow water